HaSiRu Mithra in association with BPAC, Residents Watch and BBMP has initiated Green Champion Awards to mark the World Environment Day on 5th June.
The 1st edition of the Award commences in 2016, with an objective to Recognize & Reward Households who are doing their bit for the Environment by Segregating Waste and additionally are Composting Wet Waste in their homes, thereby reducing the Waste output substantially.
About Green Champion Awards
- Recognize and Reward Households & Apartments who are Segregating Waste
- Recognize and Reward Households & Apartments who are Composting Wet Waste
- Encourage Citizens to Segregate Waste
- Create Awareness about Waste Segregation & Composting
- Promote – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Garbage indeed has become the single largest source of environment disaster in urban areas. Bengaluru today generates over 4500 tons of waste per day; even though 60% of the waste is compostable and 30% waste recyclable BBMP spends over Rs 400-500 crs per annum on Waste Management. If each household in Bengaluru Segregates Waste, we will not only save Public Money but also will save Environment.